I had my first day of work. It was swell. Some of this, some of this, some of this. P.S. I’m going to be one of those guys. Those guys that had too much free time to post links and big photos on a white web page and offer slightly idiosyncratic liberalized commentaries. Who will try to post a lot but won’t as much because now he gets paid for his brain time and his real time.
Here is my Google profile starred items summary, aka your news.
- Good news for (any type of) Rogers customers – you get free (selected free) television program right here. [Torontoist]
- Killer or Krusty? – Whassa deal with Michael Ignatieff – One of the world’s most notable intellectuals or oddly annoying jabberwatt? That word sounds like a dumb person from a Star Wars planet (ie. Wookie planet, Ewok planet. When you see Wookie and Ewok together, you feel like George Lucas got a bit lazy in his writing because it looks like he’s just re-arranging letters). [Globe]
- God believes in me – “God may have created man in his image, but it seems we return the favour. Believers subconsciously endow God with their own beliefs on controversial issues.” [New Scientist]
- How Torontoist and other city sites are elevating local news – they are amazing, a true progression in civic issues and involvement. [National Post]
- Harper is !!!!! – Making creepy lonely faces at Commonwealth parties. [Globe]
- David Chang does Montreal – NY Chef buzzbuzz David Chang hangs out at Atwater mainstays Joe Beef / Liverpool House / McKiernan last weekend, and duh loves Montreal. [National Post]
- Boobs now cheaper than wings (!!) – And you can thank the concept of division. [Star]
- THE skeptical environmentalist – interview with statistician Bjorn Lomborg. [Globe]
- How the Greens could win it all – if all of Canada was meeeeeeee! [Globe]
- Solar power 50% less expensive this year – ummmm…. hi? [Scientific American]
- Your skin is deaf – people hear with their skin as well as their ears. [Scientific American]
- Crunchy men unite! – Scientists prove a dirty child is a healthy child, just like we all thought. The guilt is melting off.
- No more corporate or union campaign donations in Toronto?!? – this is the best news that’s happened to politics in a long time! Why aren’t we dancing… yeah?