Hellooooo. Here are some more of those links on a white webpage, just for you. It’s been a little while, but I trust this will tide you over. Just insert those witty comments you already have in your cultured, educated grey matters.
- How tone deafness works – this has always fascinated me because it’s something we get or we don’t get. Most of us are lucky. Plus watch a video on the science of singing. I still sing way too much. I’m like the fifth member of Here Comes Treble.
- I am more of a man than you – Turns out testosterone does not lead to aggression and risk taking, but rather could lead to qualities like fairness.
- The psychology of social status – and why it continues to be the largest motivator of human behaviour.
- Taking bets on the God particle – LHC scientists are betting on when they discover the infamous Higgs boson particle.
- Ask a physicist about time – interesting questions about that crazy dimension.
- Electricity from space – California gives the green light to beam solar power from space. It’s a bit unsane that unsane news comes from our typing boxes every single week.
- Environmental assessment virtuosos rejoice – Amongst environmental moustache tweakers, the Mackenzie Delta pipeline has been a monumental case study for environmental assessment. Looks like things will not be moving forward any time soon, if at all.
- Tar sands pollution worse than expected – water pollution equivalent to a big oil spill, every year.
- Gategate – scientists responds to those climate emails. THOSE. The press needs to stop using two words – crisis, and gate.
- Oregono – Oregon advances use of wave power off their coastline.
- 100% renewables by 2030 – California professors say it can and could be done.
- Google ready to be a phone maker – the next cool step is when they let you talk on Voice over IP for free. That means no more cell phone minutes, just a device that can connect to the internet so you can talk on your phone via Skype for free. I’m worried and excited.
- Stephen Harper – nation builder of the decade ? – For some the answer is yes.
- This is going to be my market – on St. Clair West, a retrofitted heritage building, local seasonal food. Hello to you, Wychwood Barns.
- Lord Kitchener, made entirely of meat – for the K/Wers and the mustard fans.
- The local food debate – more proof that local food isn’t always better for the environment. It’s always grey kids, je me souviens.
- Q&A with the yoda - top American chef Thomas Keller stops in to chat about his new book in Toronto
- The lists are in. Oh they’re in – Rolling Stone outlines their favourite albums and songs of the decade. I WUV WOO RS! The crowning of Kid A across the board makes me so incredibly giddy. Because I get it, and so do millions of others, and that is something to celebrate.
- The renaissance of Kids in the Hall – they’re baaaaaaaack and they look funny! Kids in the Hall – Death Comes to Town.
- Jason Reitman – an independent voice that Canada can claim as 50% their own. Maybe.
- The Yellow Bird project – thanks to friends, you can check buy tshirts designed by your favourite musicians, and proceeds go to charity.