Now we know for sure that Oprah is evil. I love hip/ironic animated gifs.
[via Gaper's Block]
- Ani – ghost city of 1001 abandoned churches
- How Mao killed Chinese humor … and how the Internet is slowly bringing it back again
- Who pays for big government? [NYT]
- Locavores moving the markets – [Freakonomics]
- How much CO2 is created by….. (many many things)
- In Kenya, huts far off the grid flow with renewable power [NYT]
- Sewage contains more usable energy than scientists previously thought [Scientific American]
- Moon water is different than Earth water [Scientific American podcast]
- China to spend $30 billion on water conservation in 2011 [Scientific American]
- What makes an honest smile honest? [Scientific American podcast]
Now this is a song. Well really the first two minutes are really two minutes. Wye Oak is from Baltimore Maryland and is opening for The Decemberists on their North American tour.
E minor G major D minor C major. A heartfelt, longing, slightly atypical female vocal. A Hammond B3 with that Leslie sheen. That’s all you need guys. Because I like putting bands into boxes (bad habit), I hear Blonde Redhead and Beach House.
Wye Oak – Civilian